1. With the hair swept completely off the face, this style puts the focus on your face. To create the looks, you can use pins to tuck locks of hair up hair, using spray to lock the hair in place as you go. We especially are fond of the flipped ends as they seem to add life to the neckline.
2. This pompadour style is an instant hit for any special occasion! Super short hair can take on a new personality with this idea. To create this look for yourself or a friend, just take large chunks of gelled hair and twist them to create spins. For the top, you can tease and backcomb your hair before chunking into the twists to add the volume and height that we see here in the picture! Create drama and flair with bobby pins and gel!
3. Well, maybe it's not super red, but it could be! Chocolate brown is just as nice in this sophisticated and simple style that will reflect your eyes and your fashion sense. We especially like the random zig-zag side part that adds some dimension as well as the flip along the nape of the neck. This style is a great choice for short hair on prom night! Problem solved with this sexy take on a modernized classic style shown in an awesome shade of red.
4. We think this wide ribbon adds a sexy twist to the messy look that we see a peek of in the background. Match the ribbon color to your dress and then match your eye shadow to both and you will be a smash hit for sure at prom! We also think that the bang fringe would also look great wither think like we see here or thinner bangs that just barely peek through the ribbon sash. This messy ribbon do is fantastic!
5. You are sure to love this short prom style. While so many prom hairstyles are just plain ugly, this one rocks! The soft bangs frame the face gently and the curls give it a nice romantic touch with being overbearing and just too much. Soft and touchable, this style is a perfect style that will take you into the wee hours of the night after prom!
6. Soft and controlled style radiates from this classic bob! Sophisticated and classy this understated style keeps the focus on you and not on flashy, loud and extreme styles that are nearly impossible to maintain. With and hair color, you are sure to be special the entire evening with this fantastic do that is simple and sexy. Allow the focus to be on your face and dress, this is the perfect understatement that you are looking for.
Contemporary Prom Styles
7. This style turns your normal straight style into one that's smoking hot for the prom with the addition of ample shine and texture. We love that this style allows you to focus on the rest of your evening, the pictures, your date, and your dress, while you still look awesome. This sassy style is a no-fuss solution to what to do with your hair for Prom this year. Love, love, love it! Pump up the volume and create an updated version of every day you!
8. Look out prom night! This spicy hairstyle is unique and glamorous at the same time! With this style, you know you'll be unique since it takes poise and confidence to carry this off and you are sure to be the only one that can do it! This would also look stunning with a few red or blue highlights right at the tips of the bang locks for some extra interest and spark!
9. This style calls for super straight hair! This style looks hot on the model, but I'm not sure how many girls in real life will be able to pull this off and look as good. The jagged edges and long bangs don't allow for too much change in style after prom is over, so you may want to re-think this one!
10. With combinations of both different lengths of bangs and volume, this super short prom do is a winner without a doubt. All of the focus is on the front with this spectacular prom look. Swooping bangs give the illusion of mystic and the underdone lips are just sexy. Easy to create and stays in place all evening, this cut will also look just as spectacular after prom night is long gone. We also think that the look is made even better by the bare neck and collar bone. No need for jewelry with this one! You'll be stunning with this look at your prom!
11. Straight lines and a simple part downplay and dramatize the hair at the same time in the different prom look. If you are going for a strong, no-nonsense look, then you found it here. With a masculine cut and el, this slick down style says exactly what you want it to say. Easy to achieve and staying in place all evening, you'll be able to be yourself at prom.
12. While the style here is dramatic, interestingly enough, what we seem to focus on is the pretty face. This look needs a straight hairline at the brow and super short hair that is brushed back off of the face to create an arrow that points directly to the eyes and lips. Smokey eye shadows and high gloss on the lips create the perfect prom look that you are going for this year. Make a memorable entrance with this short prom style!